A food and drink publication.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Dinner at my desk

In what's becoming an increasingly frequent occurrence, I ate dinner at my office desk again tonight. Although I'd rather be dining at home, it's all for a good cause -- burning the midnight oil to help some folks in need. To keep us plugging away, my employer uses a system called Seamless Web to deliver food directly to its worker bees' door. The only real restrictions are that you're performing overtime work and that you stay within the generous $25-per-meal limit. Ah, the sweet incentivizing of working.

Behold the three-pronged art of maximizing your order:
1. Steer clear of places that charge a delivery fee (ruling out Takeout Taxi-affiliated restaurants).
2. Don't order from take-out spots based in Virginia or Maryland (increased delivery time and cost).
3. Never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.

The somewhat depressing notion of dining all'interno becomes more bearable when you can surround yourself with cartons of wakame salad, lemongrass chicken, tuna rolls, summer rolls, and a $4 bottle of Aquafina.

3 Comments:

Blogger KLerner said...

While I've got one of those plum gigs where I do something like 40% of my work at home, I too eat at my desk a fair amount--though usually, it's lunch. The lunch options are bleak in my neighborhood--Long Island City--so it's amazing how much the coming of an unexceptional place like the new corner salad-and-sandwich place can improve one's attitude mid-workday.

And if you ever happen to visit LIC, "Gastropublisher," I'll take you to the good Latin place hidden away in a warehouse, where you can get the salty but savory roast pork shoulder over rice and beans.

12:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

singles peachtree city [url=http://loveepicentre.com/]dating service wolverhampton[/url] free personals http://loveepicentre.com/ free adult classifieds dating

2:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that I get in
fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently rapidly. ageless male - ageless male - ageless male class action suit

7:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home